One of the features that we love about Canva is the ability to share and co-create designs with your team. With Canva Teams, team members can be invited right from your Canva dashboard and can be assigned roles that give them different access permissions. Once added, your team will be able to create and edit designs together in real-time. You can even communicate with your team by adding comments, sharing feedback, and assigning tasks.
Note: For Canva for Nonprofits users, only your first team will have access to Canva Pro features. If you need more than one team, you can upgrade your account.
Here’s how to get started with Canva Teams so you can access those benefits:
1. While logged in to Canva, click ‘Create a Team’ from the left sidebar. Type a name for your team and add your logo if desired.
2. Next, invite team members by entering their email addresses. Canva will send them an email with an invitation link that is valid for 30 days. Alternatively you can use the ‘Get invite link’ option to create a link that you can use to invite members to your team.
3. When team members click the link to accept your team invitation, they will be added as regular members by default. To change their roles, select your team from the left sidebar of your Canva dashboard, then click ‘People’ to view team members. Under ‘Team Role’ use the drop down arrow to set their role or remove them from the team.
Now that you have a team set up, what can you do with it?
Canva Teams has some great features that make designing easier, more efficient and more streamlined.
- Design together in real time. Your team can work together on a design from anywhere in the world and from any computer, laptop, tablet, or even a smartphone.
- Communicate with your team. Share designs, assign tasks, give feedback, and add comments.
- Shared access to brand kit.Upload your logo, brand colors and fonts to your brand kit so that all team members can easily access them.
- Access team assets. Create folders to hold your organization’s templates, projects, graphics, photos, and more.
Here are a few team tips to get you started:
- Share a design. Click the ‘Share’ button, then click the team member you’d like to share the design with. They will be notified that you’ve shared a design with them.
- Comment on a design. To leave a comment on a design, click the ‘Comment’ button and enter your comment. To comment on a specific element, select the element, right click or expand the menu above the element and choose ‘Comment’. You can write a general comment or use the @ function to direct your comment to a team member.
- Create a team folder. Organize your organization’s projects with shared folders. (Note we have a whole blog post about folder organization!) Click on your team from the left sidebar of your dashboard, then click ‘Folders’, then ‘Create Folder’. This allows you to create a new team folder and share it instantly with your team. You can create team folders to house templates, brand assets, photos and more.
We hope these Canva Team tips will help you get the most out of Canva so that you can streamline your design efforts and improve your organization’s brand!